The Gauge O Guild
What Membership Offers
What Is O Gauge?
A History Of The Guild
UK Club Websites
Find Your Nearest Club
YouTube Video Submission
Renew Your Subscription
Update Your Details
AGM / EGM FAQs
Product directory Updates
Product Ownership Changes
Sales & Wants
Executor & Trustee
Executor & Trustee Stock List
Exhibition Diary & Tickets
Guild Spring Show
Guild Summer Show
Bring & Buy
Layout Competition Notice
Exhibition Layout Register
Introduction To The Manual
Forum Hints & Tips
Old Motor Datasheets
News For Traders
Advert and Stand Booking Details
Membership and general purposes committee -
Volunteers needed. See updated September list -
Guild annual Layout Competition
LAYOUT COMPETITION DETAILS
ANNOUNCEMENT The Technical Committee of the Gauge O Guild is pleased to announce, in association with Minerva Model Railways and Intentio, that at Guildex 2020 we will introduce a competition for the best small 7 mm scale layout. Minerva are offering a model locomotive to the winning entry and a pair of wagons to the runner up and Intentio a laser cut building, up to £250, to the winner. Guild members and non-members can enter. Any scratch, kit built or RTR items are eligible. Part finished layouts are also welcome. Further details are available from the Guild’s website here.
• Entrants must enter via the Guild’s website before 31st January 2020.
• Guild members and non-members can enter.
• Any scratch, kit built or RTR items are eligible.
• Part finished layouts are welcome.
• Entries must not be bigger than 20 sq.ft., and can be entered in the competition only once.
• Due to space restrictions the maximum number of entries will be limited to 5. In addition to completing an online entry, pictures of the layout to allow judges to select the 5 entries must then be posted on one of the following:
* Western Thunder Layout Competition thread
* GOG Forum Layout Competition thread
* RMWeb Layout Competition thread
* O Gauge/Scale Modellers Facebook page.
• Tables and/or power will be available on request.
• Successful entries will be informed by 28th February 2020.
• Entries must be fully in place and working by 10.30 am on the first day of the exhibition and the layout must remain until the end of the exhibition at 4 pm on Sunday afternoon. Entrants will be allowed access to the exhibition hall from 7 am on the first day of the exhibition.
• The Guild will provide one night’s accommodation per entry, on the Saturday night, and free car parking for the weekend. Full details will be provided by the competition manager. • Layouts will be covered by Guild insurance. The estimated value must be confirmed at time of entry. • Judging will take place at 11am on the Saturday of Guildex, and results will be announced at 4pm on the same day. The judges’ decision is final.
Please use the following link to input your Guild layout competition entry
© Gauge O Guild 2003-2019
Gauge O Guild Privacy Notice